Saturday, November 11, 2023

Union Pacific fleet upgrade

Recently I have been on a bit of a buying spree.  A friend who was thinning his collection had a large number of Kato locomotives for sale.  These will replace a number of Atlas SD50 and SD60 models that have not run well for me on this layout.

These SD40-2's and the SD40 will fit in on both my 83-88 and 89-96 eras.  These are all decoder ready models, and I already had the decoders for them.  The handrails will get painted on those that are not already painted.














These Kato C30-7's will also work with both my 83-88 and 89-96 eras.  They are the older models that are not decoder ready but I swapped the mechanisms with a pair of Santa Fe models that already had decoders.  These will also get the handrails painted and I may do the number boards on them as well.












And last I aquired these Kato C44-9W's that will work in my 89-96 era as they entered service on the UP in 1994.  I already had the decoders for these as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment