Friday, January 3, 2020

A New Year and another Layout Party

Happy 2020 !

Once again this year I am participating in the annual Trainboard winter layout party.  This is a forum thread that goes from about mid December to the beginning of March.  Anyone can participate by posting recent progress on their layout projects.  I have found that I seem to get a lot done when these are going on.  So what have I been doing so far ?

Still working in the Palisade Canyon area of the layout.  Added about 6 feet of profile fascia board.  This time instead of gluing and nailing with my nail gun I held it with welders clamps until the glue dried. 


The terrain around the front edge was filled in with a combination of insulation board and cardboard strips covered with plaster cloth.  This then gets a coat of dry wall joint compound spread with a wet paint brush.


Also been working with the sky board and am liking the look better as I work with it.  Trying to blend in the white to lighten the and have been getting the effect of having some clouds.  This view is from the Harney section of the layout.



My goal for this year is to get the bridges and track in so I can put a temporary loop on the end and have the main line open again by March 1st.


1 comment:

  1. Nice work Brad. It is always good to be involved in groups as it does tend to move things along.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete