Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Chipping away at the box of N Scale vehicle kits

Like many of us in N Scale, I have a collection of unfinished motor vehicle kits that have accumulated over the years.  I keep them in a box about the size of a large shoe box.  Most are cast resin but some are metal and there are also bags of finished plastic European vehicles that had been given to me.  Every once in awhile I dig through this box picking out a few to do something with.  
















With the town of Carlin developing on the layout, I was looking to populate the town with some more vehicles that would fit in the layout's 1970's and 1980's era.  Here is the most recent batch of cast resin vehicle kits that I have finished.  A classic 50's era station wagon and a red 65 Ford Mustang.  These will be perfect for this layout.












The 63 Chevy fire engine is from a Lineside Models kit.  The yellow pickup, I think it's an early 70's GMC and is something I got on ebay.  The white 64 Chevy Impala is also from Lineside, my dad had one of these but his was blue.  The gray 2000 Chevy Silverado pickup was also from ebay.  Too modern for my layout's era but I had one like this for 17 years so had to have a model of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment