It's been a few months since I've updated what was going on with the LED lighting but I have been sporadically working on this so here's an update.
This is inside one of the cabinets that are above the layout. When I built the room I placed several of these outlets around the room that are controlled by a wall switch separate from room lighting.
As I have worked on the staging yard the first section of LED lights under the cabinets have been used to light the area so they've gotten a good testing. So far, so good.
The staging yard is below that and is shadowed by the upper deck so it will have need to have it's own lighting mounted to the bottom of the upper deck.
The blue strip below the cabinets is a test valance I made from tempered hardboard.