Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Working my way around the corner

As the title of this post says, I am working my way around this corner of the layout setting and staining rock castings, building bridge abutments, and building all the hillsides.  This is the deepest part of the layout and that hill is at the limits of my reach.


To make this scenery work just a bit easier, I am not going to install the diagonal brace in the corner until that hillside is done so I can lean in just a bit further.  This photo shows this brace temporarily held in place with clamps.

3 comments:

  1. Coming along very nicely. To save some cash have you thought about getting a paint pot sample from your big hardware chain that matches the Woodland Scenics paint. I'm using Acrylic Paint thinned a lot to do my base and it works out a lot cheaper as it goes a lot further. Food for thought perhaps if not already.
    The RR is coming along very nicely.
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rod, Yes that tan color paint that I use is from a gallon I bought 5 years ago when I started the layout. Down to less than a quart now. I have also used whatever color left over paint for sealing bench work.

      Delete
    2. Tick. Have a great Christmas Brad.

      Delete