Monday, March 5, 2018

12 more feet of finished fascia added

After getting the Battle Mountain section integrated into the layout I finally got back to installing more fascia from where I left off over a year ago.   I have added another 12 feet and now have it up to just before where Battle Mountain ends.  I really like the finished look this gives to the layout.


With the fascia done, the turnout control panels for Battle Mountain were installed.  Here is part of the stretch along the Battle Mountain section with 3 of the 6 turnout control panels.

This is the area of the joint between the Golconda and Battle Mountain sections.  Base scenery in this area has been finished and I am beginning to add shrubs and details.  That will be a continuing process along with finishing the industry buildings in Battle Mountain.

4 comments:

  1. That area looks very nice Brad and with that backdrop WOW. I like your turnout panels. Very easy to see and understand.
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rod, I think of these individual panels as a nice compromise between just using fingers to move the points and a full blown centralized panel. Plus with the height of the layout giving an operator a low viewing angle it was important to have an indicator showing the points positions.

      Delete
  2. You've done a fantastic job with those backdrops, and blending the scenery in to match them. I'm also interested in what you have planned for that Glacier Gravel kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ron, the Barite crushing and loading facility will be featured in future posts as I complete it.

      Delete