Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March weathering madness

This month TrainBoard.com has been having another weathering contest.  I had sat out the February contest but this month I am in.   Between doing some DCC decoder installations and working on my contest entry I have not done much with the layout this month.

The theme for this months weathering contest is runner packs which was defined as any group of 3 to 4 cars, they don't necessarily have to be the same type.

My entry is going to be this 3 car set of Trainworx 46 ft general service drop bottom gondolas.  I heated and dented the side panels prior to the other standard weathering processes.


This months contest is particularly interesting because everyone seems to be entering different types of cars.  Here is a direct link to the thread for this weathering contest, it's worth a look.

2 comments:

  1. These have turned out very nice. Well done Brad.
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rod. We'll see how the contest goes, there are some really good entries.

      Delete