Since then I have defined more specifically what I want the control panels to do.
- Select yard ladder turnout alignment at both ends with one switch
- Select which track is active with the same switch
- Indicate which track is aligned and active
- Control the turnout at entry to yard which creates the reverse loop
- Indicate position of that turnout at entry of yard.
- Have provision to indicate occupancy on each track
- Have provision to select some sort of automated mode.
On all of the drawings below the big dots represent toggle switches and the small ones represent small LED's. In this post I am addressing control for the smaller of the two yards, the WP / UP on the upper level.
One problem I had with this panel layout was how to control and show the position of the first turnout at the entry the yard where the return route branches off.
LED's on each staging track indicate alignment of the yard ladder and a pair of LED's for the entry turnout show it's position. A second set of LED's show occupancy for each staging track.
A spot for a Manual / Auto switch is added for future automation plans.
I still need to finish the panel for the SP yard and wire both of them into the yard.